European Tourism Forecast: prospects for travel recovery in summer 2021 and beyond
Speaker: Dave Goodger, Director of Tourism Economics EMEA, Oxford Economics Cristina Liverani, Kids & Special Projects Unit Manager, Doxa Modera: Maddalena Fossati Dondero, Director, Condé Nast Traveller Italia
During the talk moderated by Maddalena Fossati Dondero, Director of Condé Nast Traveller Italia, we will discuss together with two important speakers the tourism trends for 2021.
Together with David Goodger, Director of Tourism Economics in Europe at Oxford Economics, we will analyse the international prospects for travel recovery in the summer of 2021 and beyond, in light of current restrictions:
- what are European families' spending forecasts?
- how quickly will pre-pandemic business levels recover?
- will vaccination alone be sufficient for full travel recovery?
- what are the risks of recovery for tourism operators?
For Italy, the latest BVA Doxa research by Cristina Liverani will be presented on the changes taking place in the tourism sector linked to the health emergency and the restrictive measures to limit the pandemic.
- What are the habits and attitudes of Italians concerning tourism and holidays?
- What are the current trends amongst Italian families?
- How will the different customer demographics choose their holiday destination: families, couples or singles, Millennials, GenZ and Boomers.