The underground cathedrals of Canelli, the vineyards of Monferrato, the Beigua Unesco Geopark and the historic centre of Genoa: a journey of discovery of a narrow strip of land between Piedmont and Liguria which, in the space of a few dozen km, holds incredible cultural, architectural and natural treasures that Unesco has also included among the assets to be protected and preserved for future generations.
We will discover unexpected corners while tasting excellent products that only this territory can offer.
DAY 1: SPEND A DAY (Canelli and surroundings)
- In the morning you will visit Contratto, the historical winery of Canelli, which boasts more than 150 years of history in the field of Classic Method sparkling wines.
- Lunch where territory and experimentation will pleasantly meet, obviously accompanied by Contratto wines, at the Ape Wine Bar in Santo Stefano Belbo.
- In the afternoon you will reach Castagnole delle Lanze for a visit to La Spinetta to end your day on a high note: you will taste the great wines of Piedmont in the splendid setting of the barrique cellar and the Langa hills.
- Overnight stay in B&B.
DAY 2: ACQUI TERME
- Free morning visit to Acqui Terme.
- In the afternoon guided visit to the Grappa Berta distillery and cellar. The visit includes the distillation plants, the ageing cellars and the still museum, followed by a tasting of Berta Grappa and amaretti di Mombaruzzo biscuits.
- Overnight stay in B&B.
DAY 3: SASSELLO
- Transfer to Sassello, free visit of the village and walk along the paths of the Deiva Forest in the Beigua Park, GeoPark recognized by Unesco.
- Dinner based on typical products at Beigua Docks.
- Overnight stay in Hotel.
DAY 4: GENOA
- Transfer to Genoa to visit its historical centre by Segway! A maze of caruggi (narrow alleys) alternating with small and charming squares overlooked by churches linked to the most important Genoese noble families.
- Overnight stay in B&B
DAY 5: GENOA
- Breakfast and check out.
- Morning dedicated to discovering "Vertical Genoa" on your own: the Zecca-Righi funicular will take you out of the city centre to reach the heights in a few minutes. The rails of the small wagons climb along the tracks, and after an initial part hidden in a tunnel, a view opens up amidst the buildings that goes up and up and allows you to admire the city from above once you arrive at your destination at Righi. The return to the historic centre can be made on foot following the famous Genoese creuze.